Discover the most beautiful Italian regions for outdoor sport activities.
Capital city-Rome : All roads lead to Rome and those of Sportrotters both recess. Rome may well be an open-air museum, sports abound. The city tour can prove to be a sport in itself but the city has so many attractions and culture is not incompatible with the sport …
Regions: 20 whose 5 autonome ones.
Currency-Euro: You’ll find currency exchange offices in all cities.
Language -Italien: But you can make yourself understood in English in most of cities.
Transportation: You’ll have a lot of options: domestic flights, trains and buses can carry you in the four corners of the country.
SOL tips 🙂 If you book on line you may find interesting prices.
Electricity: 220 V, 50 HZ
Accommodation: Italy has it all: hotels, hostels, campsites or B&B. Prices range from 20 to 300 € or even more for luxury hotels and resorts.
Food to test: Italian cuisine is known around the world, often imitated but never equaled. Do not leave Italy without having tasted real Italian pizza and good pasta. The country is also full of good cheese, good meats and fine wines …
Outdoor activities: You’ll find all kind of outdoor activities, the only problem … the prices. SOL’s mission is to share tips with you so that you fully enjoy your staying without ruin yourselves.
– Hiking: All across the country there are mountains of all sizes, it’s ideal for hiking.Especially in : Sicily, Dolomites, Tuscan or the Lake region in the north … Look more here Or another nice website that rescense hikes in Italy (English)
– Canoeing, kayaking, rowing: You can find your happiness both at sea and on the Italian rivers.
– Kite surfing, sailing, diving: You’ll be spoiled for choice between the sides of the Mediterranean to those of the Adriatic.
– Road bike, mountain bike: many routes crisscross Italy but beware, the country is hilly. The MTB fans will delight both in the Alps and in the south.
– Climbing, Via Ferrata: Many spots are fitted in the Alps for example.
– Paragliding, parachute jump: a lot of possibilities indeed mountains are more beautiful from skywiew.
Most pratiqued sports:
Football of course, it is even a religion for some Italian …
Cycling and tennis are also praticed a lot in Italy
Plan your trip
Italy is beautiful in every season! Its Mediterranean climate and Mountains will have you nice surprises throughout the year.
To take advantage of all the outdoor activities in Sportrotter way we recommend the months of May to September.
August should be avoided as this is the peak tourist season and stations are under assault, campsites and hotels double their prices and temperatures around 30 degrees are not suitable to outdoor sports .
For Schengen’s members, you don’t need any visa.
Focus SOL on the region
Lombardy with its perched mountains lakes you will find all the practical information by clicking here
In the footsteps of Sportrotters