Discover the most beautiful Austrian regions for outdoor sport activities.
Regions: 9 ferderals states
Currency-Euro: You’ll find currency exchange offices in all cities.
Language -German: But you can make yourself understood in English in most of cities.
Transportation: You’ll have a lot of options: domestic flights, trains and buses can carry you in the four corners of the country.
SOL tips 🙂 If you book on line you may find interesting prices.
Electricity: 220 V, 50 HZ
Accommodation: Austria has it all: hotels, hostels, campsites or B&B. Prices range from 20 to 300 € or even more for luxury hotels and resorts.
Food to test: Austrian isn’t really known for is food but has some really good food. The most known is certainly the snitzel and don’t quit Vienna if you haven’t savour a Viennese Coffee (indeed a bit expensive but so traditional) with local pastries.
Outdoor activities: You’ll find all kind of outdoor activities, the only problem … the prices. SOL’s mission is to share tips with you so that you fully enjoy your staying without ruin yourselves.
– Hiking in Austian alps : You’ll find hundreds of hiking ways all more beautiful than others . You’ll find all info here
– Kanu, kayak, rowling or rafting. For this : rendez vous in one of multiple austrian river or lake. This sports are also possible in the Danube but we’ll advise you to enquire about the level of the water and about the river traffic which could be important.
– Sailing and also diving in some lakes (the Traun’s lake for exemple). More informations about lakes’s region clic here
– Cyclotourism, mountain bike : a lot of bike path were created tough the country. For Monutainbike fans, you will enjoy Tyrol region. If you want more informations about bike rides it’s here.
– Paragliding, parachute jump: a lot of possibilities indeed mountains are more beautiful from skywiew.
– Climbing or via ferata : a lot of possibilities in the Tyrol
Most pratiqued sports:
Alpine skiing, Football and Ice Hockey
Typical sport :
The ski is the king in Austria just choose wich form you prefer !!
Plan your trip
For fully enjoy all outdoor activities in Sportrotter mode, we advise you mounths from june to september and particullary July and August. If you come for winter sports, prefer Jannuary or Febuary, you’ll find snow in all alpines resorts!
For Schengen’s members, you don’t need any visa.
Focus SOL on the region
We enjoy the lake region around Salzburg : Oberösterreich
In the footsteps of Sportrotters